Is breastfeeding too long really good for babies? What is the best age for breastfeeding?
Published: 2019-11-12 Author: Blue Spirit Parenting Network editor Parenting Network h20pulse.com
Breast milk is rich in nutrients and contains substances that promote the development of the baby's brain and nerves, which is beneficial to the baby's intellectual development. Exclusive breastfeeding not only improves the relationship between mother and child, but also boosts the baby's immunity. The benefits of breastfeeding are many, and you can talk for three hours without stopping, but how old is breastfeeding? Is breastfeeding too long really good for babies? Let us understand together how old weaning is most suitable for your baby's growth.
First, according to survey data, most domestic babies breastfeed for between half a year and one year. General doctors recommend a minimum breastfeeding period of 4 to 6 months, and the World Health Organization requires a minimum of half a year. The duration of breastfeeding in cities is generally 8 to 12 months, but it will be slightly longer than that in rural areas, usually about 1 and a half years old. However, with the increase of migrant workers, many young people are also weaned early due to economic pressure.
Second, when is the most appropriate time for weaning a baby, babies usually begin to develop deciduous teeth at 8 months, and some of them will advance in time. Once the baby's teeth are sucked hard, the mother will feel painful. Therefore, at this time, many mothers will also consider weaning their children. Secondly, the baby starts from 6 months. Due to insufficient milk and an increased appetite for the baby, many mothers will also add complementary foods, so after the baby tastes different tastes, he gradually becomes less interested in breast milk.
Third, the baby's weaning time is also determined according to the mother's own factors. Due to the length of maternity leave, many mothers will wean before the end of the long vacation, but the mother considers the benefits of breast milk, and keeps the breast milk fresh before work. In the bottle, supplementary food is the main food during the day and exclusively breastfeeding at night.
Finally, before weaning, the baby must adapt to other foods, and weaning is the best time with breast milk as a complementary food, and it is a gradual process. It is best to choose a suitable temperature for the baby's weaning time. After all, the baby has the habit of sucking milk late at night. If the temperature is too low, the baby crying easily causes a cold.
The following conditions are not suitable for exclusive breastfeeding
Although everyone knows that breast milk is the most valuable food for your baby, once you encounter the following conditions, of course, it is not appropriate to breastfeed exclusively.
First, the mother suffers from infectious diseases, such as hepatitis, lung disease, etc., and the mother must be weaned immediately when she has mastitis, otherwise the condition will become worse.
Second, the mother should not breastfeed while taking the medicine. The medicine will be transmitted to the baby through the milk. The baby has low resistance and is easy to get sick. Breastfeeding is considered only after the mother has discontinued the medication.
In short, everything that is not good for your baby's growth must be weaned immediately.
- related articles
- · How to Wean Your Baby
- · What to pay attention to after weaning
- · What to do with weaning pain and four ways to relieve weaning pain
- · What precautions should we take before and after weaning, which weaning methods are not advisable
- · How long does weaning come after weaning?
- · 10 tips on how to wean your baby
- · How long after weaning no longer produces milk
- · Tips to help your baby quit "milk addiction"
- What to eat for newly weaned babies
- · Weaning food supplement: fruit custard
- Random content
you might be interested
What are the main inspection items during the first trimester?
What are the check-up items in the third trimester of pregnancy?
There are many things to notice during pregnancy.
How many days can I detect it? This is what many people are focusing on.
Euthanasia is the fertility goal of today's people, and everyone wants to be able to
Generally expectant mothers will feel the fetal movement in about 16 or 7 weeks.
How long it takes to get pregnant early is something that many people care about
After a woman becomes pregnant, everyone ’s reaction is different
How to determine how long pregnancy is, this is what many people are paying attention to
It is also necessary for women to have a physical examination when they are just pregnant.
- What to do after weaning (milk return method)
- When the baby is breastfeeding, it can be fed to the baby after the milk is swollen, but what to do after the weaning? We used to hear that old people often ...
- What to do if the milk goes up during weaning? Four simple ways to solve milk ups
- Everyone knows that breastfeeding is better than artificial feeding, but in general, it is recommended to wean the baby when he is one year old.
Common tools for moms
- · When are babies weaned and what are the benefits of breast milk?
- · The kitten dies and dies after weaning, and the mother is full of sorrow.
- · Why are more and more people not wanting to wean their children? The answer is so heartwarming, mother has worked hard
- · Apply pepper water, Coptis chinensis? 2 big mistakes and correct weaning methods for baby in autumn
- · Is breastfeeding really good for babies? What is the best age for breastfeeding?
- · How does residual milk affect the body after weaning?
- · Before weaning your child, it's critical to know these 3 things. Did you do it?
- · Which breast is better to feed first? If you accidentally feed the wrong breast, you will get a big breast ...
- · Want your baby to be independent and confident? Scientific weaning is the key