Commanded by the U.S. military for more than 60 years, has South Korea gathered the courage to demand wartime command and prepare to "wean"?
Published: 2019-11-12 Author: Blue Spirit Parenting Network editor Parenting Network h20pulse.com
As an independent and sovereign country, it is natural for the government to command its own army. However, in South Korea, the command of the Korean Defense Forces is divided into "normal" and "wartime". In normal times, the command of the Korean army belongs to the Korean government, and once the war breaks out, the Korean army must listen to the command of the US military. Isn't it interesting? As an independent country, South Korea cannot command its own army!
According to the overseas website, on October 31 local time, the US and South Korean defense ministers held the 50th US-South Korea Security Talks (SCM) in Washington, DC. The most striking thing in this meeting was that South Korea asked the United States to return the South Korean military's wartime command. According to reports, the United States and South Korea have reached an agreement on the return of South Korea's wartime command. In the current United States and South Korea Joint Command, the Korean general will be the commander and the US general will be the deputy commander. In this way, the entire command operation will be issued in the name of the Korean general . This was seen as the first step in the United States' return of wartime command of the military to South Korea.
The issue of US and South Korean military command has a long history. As early as the Korean War of 1950-1953, due to the severe offensive of the Korean People's Army, the South Korean army quickly collapsed, and the United States began to send troops to the Korean peninsula in order to save the South Korean regime it had fostered. Subsequently, the United States and South Korea signed the "United States and South Korea Joint Defense Treaty," which stipulates that the supreme command of the South Korean army belongs to the "US-South Korea Joint Command." For many years, the US General has been the commander of the "US-ROK Joint Command", which is often said that the command of the South Korean army belongs to the US military.
Because South Korea was frightened by the violent blow of the Korean People's Army during the last Korean war, it is still upset with its neighbors in the north until today. So much need to seek the protection of the US military to gain a sense of security. But in fact, today, South Korea's GDP is 46.7 times that of North Korea, and military expenditure is close to one-third of North Korea's GDP! According to the US Pentagon's evaluation, South Korea's comprehensive military strength is more than 40 times that of North Korea, and the power comparison between North Korea and South Korea has been completely reversed. Even without the support of the US military, the Korean People's Army will have a hard time defeating the South Korean army. From 2000 to the present, many maritime conflicts between North Korea and South Korea can be seen. Except for the artillery battle of Yanping Island in 2010, North Korea accounted for the sneak attack, North Korea lost to South Korea!
With enough military confidence, and decades of confrontation, both the North and the South realized that they could not use force to change the status quo of the peninsula, so they began to ease. At present, the two sides have withdrawn from each other over 20 military posts on the military demarcation line. North Korea also reopened the Kumgang Mountain tourist area and Kaesong Industrial Park, and withdrew troops stationed in Panmunjom. Expressed by North Korea's "goodwill", South Korea believes that its national defense pressure has been greatly reduced, so it began to reach out to the United States for wartime command of the army. Once successful, South Korea will officially "wean" and become a truly independent and sovereign country. At the same time, it will undoubtedly no longer be constrained by the United States and will be more proactive in handling peninsula affairs and relations with neighboring powers.
- related articles
- · It's best to prepare your baby for 3-4 months postpartum
- Recommended best weaning methods
- · Scientific weaning knowledge and precautions: When is weaning better? How can weaning be smoother?
- · Mother and baby are forcibly separated on the weaning road, smear Coptis ... Do not do this again ~
- · Does your child stop drinking after weaning?
- · What to pay attention to during weaning
- · Weaning is a technical task. What are the common misunderstandings of weaning?
- · Baoma must understand the baby, be tolerant of the baby, do not restrict the baby too much, and be patient with the baby
- · 5 key points to keep your baby fed after weaning
- · Five Tips for Weaning Your Baby
- Random content
you might be interested
Some people understand "weaning" as when a baby starts to eat eggs or
Breast milk is arguably the best food and nutrition is relatively comprehensive.
For us adults, there are many kinds of food to eat and drink, such as rice, noodles, ravioli, and buns.
Many babies have the habit of drinking night milk, but if you ca n’t quit night milk,
Don't flicker after weaning. Don't need to drain the milk at all. Don't let those commercial hoees blind your eyes.
In fact, we can implement a "pig raising" model for raising children, which can eat during the day and sleep at night. This child
Weaning is a big change in the baby's growth process, so parents are careful about weaning.
- What to do after weaning (milk return method)
- When the baby is breastfeeding, it can be fed to the baby after the milk is swollen, but what to do after the weaning? We used to hear that old people often ...
- What to do if the milk goes up during weaning? Four simple ways to solve milk ups
- Everyone knows that breastfeeding is better than artificial feeding, but in general, it is recommended to wean the baby when he is one year old.
Common tools for moms
- · When are babies weaned and what are the benefits of breast milk?
- · The kitten dies and dies after weaning, and the mother is full of sorrow.
- · Why are more and more people not wanting to wean their children? The answer is so heartwarming, mother has worked hard
- · Apply pepper water, Coptis chinensis? 2 big mistakes and correct weaning methods for baby in autumn
- · Is breastfeeding really good for babies? What is the best age for breastfeeding?
- · After babies are weaned, their resistance decreases. It is important to supplement lactoferrin!
- · Don't let your son touch your chest! One concession brings hundreds of apologies and embarrassments
- · Weaning, weaning, why should we do residual milk?
- · Can't wean over and over again? The reason is nothing more than these three points, see if you hit