Can babies get better sleep with calcium supplements?
Published: 2018-11-02 Author: Blue Spirit Parenting Network editor Parenting Network h20pulse.com
There has been a saying that babies can't sleep well because they lack calcium. If they get calcium, they can sleep well. Many mothers tried it, and then came out online, and various descriptions of calcium supplements have a great effect on the baby's sleep. So, does calcium supplementation help your baby's sleep in the end? Today I will make this clear and simple:
1.The relationship between calcium and sleep
Most of the calcium in our body is concentrated in bones and teeth, and only a small amount is found in the blood. It is precisely this small part of blood calcium that plays an important role in the excitability of the nerves. There is evidence that blood calcium is related to human sleep. For example, a paper published in the European Neurology Journal (European Neurology Journal) argues that when the calcium concentration in the blood decreases, the nerve excitability will increase, which is what we often say that the baby appears to be awake and cry . When calcium levels in the blood increase, nerve excitability decreases and sleep becomes more secure.
Seeing here, is it true that Baomao have the urge to add calcium to their baby? No matter how strong your urge to add calcium, please stop first, because this does not mean that your baby is not sleeping well, it must be lack of calcium It is not caused by calcium supplementation, which can definitely solve the problem. After all, your baby's sleep is related to many factors.
For example, newborn babies, due to physiological shock reflexes, may feel arms or legs stretched out when they feel sudden sounds or movements. Sometimes they may cry. These are normal phenomena and are not caused by calcium deficiency. of. In addition, factors such as living environment, daily routine, and the baby's own temperament characteristics will affect the baby's sleep. Therefore, when a baby has problems sleeping, they should comprehensively consider all factors, rather than completely due to calcium deficiency.
2, more likely to be a lack of vitamin D
As long as the normal milk volume is guaranteed, there will be no calcium deficiency
What's more, for a baby, the calcium deficiency may be very small! (Unless there are certain diseases that cause calcium malabsorption or a large amount of calcium loss). basically!
The daily calcium requirement for babies aged 0-4 is as follows:
0-6 months: 200mg (milk volume reaches 800ml)
6-12 months: 250mg (milk quantity is not less than 600ml, or breast milk is not less than 4 times a day)
1-2 years: 600mg (500ml milk + calcium in diet)
2-4 years: 600mg (300-400ml of milk + calcium in diet)
Note: () represents daily dietary conditions to meet the body's need for calcium
If your baby has enough milk per day, you should consider a vitamin D deficiency. Vitamin D is an important factor to promote calcium absorption. When it is lacking, it causes the calcium absorption rate to decrease, which causes the calcium concentration in the blood to decrease.
Therefore, for a baby with sufficient daily milk volume, if he / she does not sleep well, and is susceptible to awakening, irritability, etc., he can consider whether he has added sufficient vitamin D. If the amount of milk is insufficient, there may also be a problem of calcium deficiency, and it is necessary to find ways to increase the milk intake.
Just two sentences:
First , although blood calcium is indeed one of the factors that affect sleep; however, babies do not sleep well and there are many factors, not necessarily related to "calcium".
Second , even if it is related to the "calcium" sleep problem, it is not calcium that needs to be supplemented, but vitamin D.
- related articles
- · Several ways to protect your baby's teeth
- · Can my baby sleep better with calcium supplements?
- · Baby heat stroke symptoms and treatment
- · Learn to walk holding hands and forget the elbow
- · What kind of fish can a five-month-old baby eat?
- · What should I eat for my baby?
- · Normal temperature of the baby How much is the normal temperature of the baby?
- · What should I do if my baby doesn't sleep and cry?
- · Experts remind: mineral water brewing milk powder is harmful to baby's health
- · Baby must be diluted with toilet water
- Random content
you might be interested
From a scientific point of view, is it good to treat the baby "sunbathing"? Today we will talk about "
I will no longer write about the topic of calcium and vitamin D. But there is always a mother to ask. I
Although authoritative organizations emphasize that exclusive breastfeeding within 6 months does not require additional calcium supplementation,
A friend said: My wife has been making chicken and fish bones every day since the birth check found that she was deficient in calcium.
Many mothers will have backache and even pain after giving birth.
We all know that many foods are very high in calcium, so if the baby is not particularly deficient in calcium,
Speaking of calcium supplements, it seems that all mothers who have given birth to a baby have some experience. Because, since the child was born half
If your child lacks calcium, it will affect the height development, so always pay attention to your child's nutrition
The importance of calcium supplement is undoubted. From the concerns expressed by people, the key issues
The importance of calcium for babies I believe mothers know, so calcium supplementation for children's health has become a lot
- Two-month baby development indicators (male and female babies)
- Unconsciously, the baby is two months old. Do mothers really want to know how tall a two-month-old baby should be and how much weight it is ...
- Three month baby development indicator (boy / girl)
- It's been three months since the baby was born, and this month is calculated according to normal standards. How high should the baby be and how much weight ...
Common tools for moms
- · Zinc-deficient babies will have these characteristics. Look at your baby's zinc deficiency
- · Can my baby sleep better with calcium supplements?
- · What should I do if my baby is snoring frequently?
- · Quickly interpret the secrets hidden in your baby's "Fart"
- · What is the normal color of the baby's stool? How to grasp baby's health through the stool?
- · How to understand baby's health from baby urine?
- · These ways to bring baby
- · 19--24 months baby care points
- · I want my baby to sleep soundly